Questions That Should Be Asked When Choosing An Employment Partner
- Is the agency registered in Ontario?
- How long has the agency been in business?
- Ask for their WSIB NEER rating factor.
- Use caution when you partner with a company who doesn't produce a WSIB clearance certificate.
- Has the agency ever been charged by the Ministry of Labour for any violations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act?
- Ask if the agency is making the required remittance (under the right group rate) to WSIB on behalf of the temporary employee working at your facility.
- Does the agency have an internal Joint Health and Safety Committee (as per The Occupational Health and Safety Act)?
- What type of safety testing do employees receive? (WHMIS)
- Does the agency train or address safety issues with the candidates?
- Does the agency have an active WSIB claims manager on staff?
- Temporary employees may qualify for Statutory Pay (as per Employment Standards Act)?
- Is the agency complying with Vacation Pay requirements (as per Employment Standards Act)?
- What type of wage will the employees receive?
- How often is the employee paid? How will the employee be paid?
- Are benefits available to the employees?
- Insist that all employees being sent to your company have a valid SIN number or a current work permit!
- Does the agency reference check your employees and are those references available upon request?
- What type of academic testing do the employees receive?
- What type of liability insurance does the agency carry?
- What is their orientation package?
Meeting Your Employment Needs
Copyright © 2014 NU-Way/PDQ+ Personnel Inc. All rights reserved.
Designed by: WDC